8.19.2012

Feels Like Utah

Today, August 19, 2012, is a hot day for the Netherlands. I was up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.  With the humidity--it is hot.  To top it off--air conditioning is not generally found in buildings in the Netherlands.  Church building are not air conditioned, and neither is the Mission Home.  Church was warm this morning, but the Single Young Adult meeting this evening in Gouda Ward was very hot.  Windows don't open up to wide either. 


This is my feeling about the heat--I loved it!  It felt like home.  The only things missing were my deck, my chair, a good book, cold drink and my grandkids.  I just closed my eyes for a minute and pretended I was on the houseboat at Lake Powell with my family and not a care in the world!  This was my mental picture:




This was the reality:  The Chapel in Gouda Netherlands, no air conditioning with 80 Young Single Adults in a three hour meeting and still they were happy to be there and so were we! It was a great experience. There will come a day--too soon--when I am on the houseboat and I'll close my eyes and pretend that I am in a meeting with 80 Young Single Adults in Gouda Netherlands.  Isn't life interesting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment