7.05.2012

The Week of Getting to Know the Mission

We are spending this first week going to Zone Conferences in all four Zones.  We are also meeting with as many Stake Presidents as we can.  On Tuesday night we met with Elder Boom, the Area Authority Seventy for our area.  He and his wife graciously invited us into their home for a wonderful meal.  It was authentic Dutch.  Next week we will meet with the Temple President here in Holland.  I really can't believe we are doing what we are doing--but I am having fun!



Antwerpen Zone in Antwerpen, Belgium


Rotterdam Zone in Rotterdam, Netherlands

The Dutch Language

--I'm speaking it, not the whole time, but when I pray and when I bear testimony.  The meetings are part Dutch and part English.  I am getting to where I understand more and more of what they are saying and talking about.  I have picked up some phrases that I need to add to my vocabulary and use.  Thanks you Sis. DeGroot/Anderson for all you have done to help me get ready with the language for this great adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment