7.29.2012

PDay--Another Day to do Missionary Work

Saturday, July 28, 2012, was this week's PDay.  It was spent driving to Nijmegen. Note of interest:  Nijmegen is the oldest city in Netherlands.  It is over next to the German border.  It was a beautiful drive through the country.  When we arrived we spend the afternoon with Elder Davis and Elder Pitchforth doing call backs from the Area Books.  I went with Elder Pitchforth.  We did 2-2-5 and Elder Pitchforth and I have two places to call back on later in the week.  President and Elder Davis actually placed a Boek Van Mormon during their 2-2-5.  Way to go President and Elder Davis!!


Here we are leaving church today, July 29, 2012.  Elder Davis, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Bro. Job Hartijers, the branch Mission Leader, and Elder Pitchforth.  We left the door to there church open. The blinds behind us in the window is the back of the chapel area. 

It was a great little branch.  We felt the Spirit and there was a warm and friendly atmosphere about the members.  After church, it took 30 minutes to clear out 25 people.  They love each other and rarely see each other through the week, so they enjoy staying and visiting after church.

Today I gave my first 'real' talk in church.  It wasn't just a testimony.  I did more than a 2 1/2 minute talk, but it wasn't quite 10 minutes.  It is a little more difficult to just 'speak from the heart' when I have a very limited vocabulary and my sense of grammar is coming, but still shaky. President spoke for 15 + minutes.  He is way--way better at it than I am.  My Dutch is much better than it was a month ago.  Note:  We landed at Schipol Airport to begin our mission one month ago today--June 29, 2012.  Hey, there is progress in the language!  Thank you Sister DeGroot, you were right and I had faith in that knowledge. 

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about your talk. Glad it went ok. I'll have to get more details later. And I like that you are posting the churches. Its so interesting to see them. :)

    ReplyDelete