6.30.2012

Days Never to Be Forgotten

This week has been as a dream.  One week ago we entered the MTC.  Tonight, I turn the lights off in my home in Leidschendam Netherlands.  Truly, these past days are days never to be forgotten.  In Joseph Smith----History 1: 75, Oliver Cowdery describes these events thus: "These were days never to be forgotten--to sit under the sound of a voice dictated by the inspiration of heaven, awakened the utmost gratitude of this bosom! Day after day I continued. . . The assurance that we were in the presence of an angel, the certainty that we heard the voice of Jesus, and the truth unsullied as it flowed. . . . .  dictated by the will of God, is to me past description, and I shall ever look upon this expression of the Savior's goodness with wonder and thanksgiving while I am permitted to tarry...."
That is how Alden and I felt about the five glorious days in the MTC.  We will forever be grateful for our brief moment in time when the we were taught and encouraged and fortified by latter day prophets of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment