4.19.2012

The "First" of the Lasts



Alden and I spend the weekend of April 12-16, 2012 in Baltimore, Maryland visiting our daughter, Suzette and her family.  We haven't been back since September so it was so good to visit with her and Christopher, but it was the greatest to play with the grandchildren (kleinkinderen).  Jackson and Claire are growing so fast.  Claire is a fountain of information---almost TMI. She had us all in tears from laughter Sunday at lunch. Jack is thoughtful and aware.  He gives Claire room to be her, but keeps track of her also.  'Little' brother Max has just a delightful way about him.  While the other two played somewhere else, he turned on the talking, singing, and I really enjoyed Max.  He just goes about being happy and busy.

They took me to the airport on Monday morning.  The three kid-lets strapped in their carseat waving good bye to me.  I climbed back into the car for one last kiss and hug from each of them.    As I gave Suzie a hug and kiss I said in tears, "It's going to be harder than I thought to tell my grandchildren good bye for three years."  The family will fly to Utah the last week we are in Flowell, so I'll get to see them again for a short time but it will be three years before I go back to visit them in their own home--in their own environment. The twins will be 6 1/2 and Max 5 1/2 when we return.  By that time, we will have been gone half their little lives. 

New reality.  I'm starting the "first" of the last goodbyes that are coming.  Heavenly Father, please bless my heart to be strong.  We will go, we will do, we will build that ship of curious workmanship in The Belgium Netherlands Mission.  Hemelse Vader, Dunk U voor ons zending.  


1 comment:

  1. I guess we'll have to bring them to Holland afterall. 1/2 thier lives just isnt ok now is it. :)

    ReplyDelete